Having acquired TS Britta in January work is needed to prepare her for Christian sail-training.
I believe in accepting all onboard regardless of age, culture, experience or disability as there is always a place for every person to fit into our family. We just have to find where you fit best and how! Complete beginners who have never sailed before are welcome as full training provided.
Our intended area of operation will be from west Scotland to The Canaries and as far east as Greece.
140 tons displacement
Oak on oak
34 berths – 18 in saloon + 12 in cabins + 4 crew
Sail 350 (360) m2
320hp Volvo-Penta 12 litre engine
Generator: 75 hp/31kw Perkins
Companionway lift fitted for disabled.
Built by Hälleviksstrand shipyard in Orust in 1956
Based in Uddevalla since 1956.
Converted from long-line Ling fishing to sail-training in 1992
(Updated: 17 Jan 2023)
There are opportunities to join us and contribute virtually from any location. Please consider joining us or spreading the word to others who may wish to help: –
PEOPLE NEEDED AND THEIR ROLES (working remotely)
• Human Resources Recruiter
• Experienced Fundraisers
• Grant Writer
• Media Communicator & Administrator
• £360k is needed to complete the refit over 3 years
• A refit work list available
• A breakdown into separate projects on board is available
• The business plan shows that once sailing Britta could easily be self-sufficient without needing direct sponsorship. 3000 people per year could benefit from a life transforming experience by staying on board and 14,000 visitors impacted at port festivals.
Contact: [email protected]
Please send any corrections / updates / new photos to:
Thanks for your help!